- SpectraPower’s founder and CEO, James Kaschmitter founded/co-founded the following companies in energy storage:
- PolyStor Corporation (1993): pioneered li-ion manufacturing in the U.S
- PowerStor Corp (1997): developed and manufactures carbon aerogel supercapacitor. Sold to Cooper-Bussmann
- UltraCell Corp (2002): developed and manufactures Reformed Methanol Micro Fuel Cells. Sold to Brentronics
- SpectraPower (2002/2014): Advanced battery and supercap R&D
.With installed capacity of 6M cells/yr,starting in 1996, PolyStor is the only U.S. company to have manufactured and shipped >1M lithium-ion batteries from a U.S. manufacturing plant.
Over an 8 year period, PolyStor developed and produced every major form factor and technology, including High Power automotive cells for DOE’s PNGV program with Ford, GM, Chrysler and AeroVironment.
World's First Commersial NiCo cells